After having reached the Cebuanos and Ilonggos, the next target were the Warays. The next expansion of the Redemptorist was to East Visayas and the site for a foundation was Tacloban. The first community of priests arrived in Tacloban in January 1948. The novena to Our Mother of Perpetual Help started on February 2 1948. It was on October 16, 1949 that the church was inaugurated. The present church was completed and inaugurated on October 20, 1960. During this time most of the work of the community was conducting missions and retreat in the islands of Leyte and Samar. On April 16, 1967 the church in Tacloban became a parish. The area given was almost half of the entire city. The parish apostolate then became their main focus.